1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?
- Professional organizer. I really wish I was an organized person. Now, if I was this type of person, I would be AWESOME at it. I'm a perfectionist, even though you may not be able to tell, I'm beyond neurotic about some things. So, if I organization was my talent, I would help others. Starting with my mother. =o)
2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?
- Cabin in the woods. Seeing how I was raised as almost "in the woods" as one can get, I'm extremely comfortable in that environment. A house on the beach would be awesome, but I would feel most comfortable in the woods.
3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?
- No meaning, but there is reasoning. Erin and Shannon, doesn't get much more Irish than that. Well, it could, but I wanted to stick with somewhat normal names. For a boy we had the name Connor picked out.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least mine do!)
- iCarly. I think that's even what I answered last time. I LOVE iCarly. The husband does too. Even if our girls have left the room, we generally don't change the channel right away...
5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?
- Neither? Joking! Kind of... It's certainly not deep cleaned, mostly straightened. But when I really get in the mood, definitely deep cleaned. In answer 1, when I said I'm a neurotic perfectionist, I can be that way with cleaning sometimes. The military definitely helped with that a little...
5QF can always be found at http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/
Friday, November 5, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Heading out the door, all ready to trick or treat.
Meet Astrid aka Shannon.
And Erin was transformed into Snow White for the evening.
This is one of my favorites, Shannon is practically staring down this skeleton decoration on their porch.
Little Erin had to get in on the action.
It started to get cold, so I put the camera away.
We had SO much fun despite the fact it was severely cold this year. The girls didn't whine once about the cold, and lucky for us, they didn't fuss one bit when he said it was time to call it a night.
I still can't believe it's November already. No word yet, but I'm hoping they don't send the husband out to Maryland until after Christmas. 2 years in a row now I've had to finish the Christmas shopping and decorating by myself. Who knows what they will do since the unit didn't renew his clearance, even though he filled the paperwork out before he left for his deployment last April. Sometimes I wonder who deems these people as competent to carry out specific tasks. Oh well, not my job to worry about it.
On another note, tomorrow has been marked as the day... the day the husband and I start our P90X journey. I told the husband I wouldn't post his, but I will be taking my day 1 pictures and measurements today, and I will probably post them by Friday.