Friday, February 25, 2011
- From what I can remember, yes. I learned to drive one when I was like 12. It's not that hard to pick up, just difficult to manuever in the city.
2. What are two foods you just can't eat?
- Mushrooms and fish. I can't stand the texture of mushrooms at all, they've grossed me out since I was a little kid. And fish smells, looks, and tastes nasty to me. I almost gag whenever I try it lol.
3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?
- I love thin mints, I think everyone else does too... And Samoas, mmm coconut.
4. How do you pamper yourself?
- I'm really not one for pampering. I get my nails done from time to time and my hair highlighted/colored. Besides that, I really don't do much. I've never been to a spa or anything. Maybe today's the day I should start though. ;o)
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
- My nickname is "Scooter." When I was a toddler, I had one of those walker things. And my parents say I used to haul ass all over in that thing. So from that, they started calling me Scooter. I used to be so embarrassed when they used to shout it out loud at my games in high school and stuff. But what else are parents for? Embarrassment is at the top of their list! Or so it seems haha...
5QF can be found at: http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I'm actually really looking forward to him going as well. Partially, because he will be out of the house for a while, and I can then cook whatever I want to eat. =o) But, I'm kind of a sap for the handwritten letters from time to time. It'll be much easier to write to him there, unlike deployments where it takes 3 weeks for mail to arrive. Also, I'm really hoping we'll be able to see him graduate.
Lots to come in the upcoming months, I'm so ready.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
For the past 3 days, I have been doing constant research on hotels. Tonight, I found the winner, a Holiday Inn less than a mile from the park. The room we reserved is AWESOME! It's a queen bed and kids suite, meaning along with the queen, it has 2 bunk beds. I'm totally stoked. The price is unbelievable too, $114/night. So, is it March 28th yet?!?
The day we get done with Disneyland, we're driving down to San Diego to see some good friends and go to SeaWorld. Tickets for SeaWorld are free for military members (4 tickets total).
I just can't believe this is all really going to happen! It will be our best family vacation yet.
Next week for sure, this week maybe.. I will start the workout program TurboFire. I'm really looking forward to it. It's High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), lots of cardio. I like cardio, I just hate, loathe, can't stand running.
Well, it's off to bed for myself and the husband. TTFN...
Sunday, February 20, 2011
So, since we will be looking into a small auto loan and buying the husband an older Jeep Cherokee (it's what he wants, I won't argue), we will still have some money in the bank. Quite a bit actually. So, the family will be going to Disneyland! I have been doing some research and it looks like we can go for 4 days between the parks and hotel and spend, at most $1300 for hotel and tickets. Not quite sure how much gas will be, but I can figure that out later.
Once we get the second car, I can start bugging the husband about the CNA certification class again. =o) It's only 4-6 weeks of class.
Also, I took the girls to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point yesterday. I realized we haven't been since March 2009, so yesterday was the first time for our youngest. The girls loved it! Shannon was amazed as usual, and did very well whenever it was time to move on from one thing to another. Erin was almost speechless the whole time. She was just taking it all in and enjoyed every second of it. My camera battery died about halfway through the excursion, so I'll have to get back there again soon and take some more pictures.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Well, this first bank has declined us for a home loan. And you know, I'm not too upset about it either. There are very few things we actually have to fix in order to be accepted in the future. So, we've decided to finally purchase a second vehicle and we will for sure be moving out of our apartment by the first of May.
Tonight I am going to start looking at rentals again and we will see about a car as early as this weekend. I'm not disappointed at all because there are still plenty of exciting things in store for us this year.
- Yes, unfortunately, I have actually worn one outfit later in the night, slept in most of it, then woke up and wore it that morning too.. That's bad.
2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be?
- Portland or Sacramento. Yes, both are close to home. Portland is the first option.
3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation?
- Drive!!! Never again will I fly with both kids by myself. Unless it's an emergency. My favorite mode of transportation for a vacation is definitely driving though.
4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning?"
- I'm OCD about cleaning when I actually care. So, spring cleaning for me would be going through toys and clothes and getting rid of stuff. Deep cleaning, rearranging shelves and cabinets. Bleaching anything that can be bleached.
5. What is the best book you have ever read?
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sorry if this is strange or odd for any of you to read. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest. Rarely ever do I talk about the dreams, and if I do it's usually just to my mom or someone else and it's rare that I even talk about them at all. They always start off with a few days or the day before he dies. And it's almost always my uncle that is the one who tells me he's dead. Not sure if it's like that because that's how it really happened on the day he died or what.. My uncle is the one who was in the room with him at the time of his death, and he was the one who called me when it happened.
All I know is that I'm TIRED of these dreams! It's been almost 5 years now since they started. I'm tired of feeling crazy...
Monday, February 14, 2011
I am truly happy in this decision and know it will be good for all of us. Some of you may be wondering about deployments and such.. the unit was set to deploy in 3-4 years, and now it's looking like 4-5 years. But we aren't really worried about it until the time comes. By then at least one of the girls will be in school and that will make it much easier! I'm not very experienced in the deployment section, but the one we've been through.. it was rough having him gone with both girls at home.
In other news, it's almost been a week since I've arrived back in Utah. The first few days were bad, I was missing California something fierce, but I just kept myself distracted and I seem to do alright. Anyway! Gotta run, more updates to come later =o) And happy Valentine's Day guys!