Team Beachbody!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My head is spinning...

I must be crazy. At least that's what my family would think. My mother's side anyway. My grandma, my mom, myself, we are mostly the only children to our parents. I have a half-sister. But my mom and grandma had no siblings at all. I still consider myself an only child because my sister is 19 years older than me. So, I definitely did things a little differently by having 2 kids of my own, with the same father.

So, back to the crazy talk. I am baby crazy, I've been in denial about not being baby crazy. But I'm totally, completely, utterly baby crazy. You may say I'm crazy even.. I mean, I'll be the first to admit, my girls are a handful! But dang, I would love to bring another life into this world. I even told the husband I was done! We have 2, one for each parent, one for each arm, one for each seat in the backseat. Plenty of people manage 3/4 kids just fine, I need to make sure I can too. Emotionally, financially, physically.

My pregnancies haven't exactly been the easiest. They haven't told me I won't be able to have kids again, but the cervical cancer scare last year made me think I never would want kids again. Emotionally, my first pregnancy was hard. She was born 5 days after my dad died and the recovery was rough! Pretty sure I had a little post-partum with her as well. Financially, two kids are pretty easy to manage. I still want to be able to give my kids the kind of life I had. I doubt I would have done half the cool stuff I did if I had siblings. Honestly, a 3 week trip in France was stressful enough with just my mother and grandmother. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if I had siblings. Either we wouldn't have gone with mom and grandma, or it would have been way more stressful.

I don't know if I'm being totally irrational here by wanting another/more, or if it is rational. I don't know if I'd be feeling selfish by not wanting more. I know the husband isn't totally opposed to the fact, since he's said we should talk about it in a year/few years.

Maybe I should just let this go and just be genuinely happy for my friends instead of trying to live vicariously through their pregnancies or pining for my another of my own.

No comments: