Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Losing my Mind!

Holy cow, it's hitting me..I'm almost a mom to two little girls. I seem to be finding myself feeling more and more overwhelmed everyday. Kicking my lazy habits is WAY harder than I thought it was going to be. Not to mention, all I did yesterday was the dishes and some rearranging in the living room. I was so tired of tripping over toys and cursing, so I moved her two big boxes of toys into her room. I may be crazy but, oh well.
Reason 1, I am absolutely tired of my entire living room floor taken over by toys. Warren and I were CONSTANTLY tripping over things or moving things to the side with our feet. Also, Warren doesn't watch where he walks, and he stepped right on part of her tea set the other day and broke it. =o(
Reason 2, I'm trying to get her out of the "baby" stage. I'm trying to give her a bit more independence. Also, moving the toys out of the living room has limited the amount of tv she has been watching.
This may sound selfish, but I'm sure every pregnant woman has either thought it or spoken it at least once. I WANT MY BODY BACK! I'm so tired of being uncomfortable, exhausted, and the lack of sleep SUCKS! I finally fell asleep shortly after midnight last night. But, Shannon was up and ready to go at 4:30 this morning! I'm really worried if my sleep is already out of sync now, what it would be like when Erin arrives. The late nights and early mornings really will kick my ass. Also, she will wake up at odd hours and just randomly climb in my bed. Last night she spun around and kicked me in the head. Well, she wasn't even attempting to sleep. When Warren came home at 6:45, he was immediately on Shannon duty. I don't know what to do about her sleep schedule. I have tried putting her into a schedule, and I have tried without a schedule. Both were epic fails! Not to mention, since October, she has taken maybe 2 naps. I just feel like I'm at my wits end some days, most days. Her behavior has durastically improved, but I feel like I have got to get her sleeping habits under control. Then, maybe I will think about potty training. Lol, I honestly think I slept more when she was a newborn than I do now. She wakes up in the night more than she did then too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about the toys!! I hate having toys all over the house drives me insane!! Hope everything goes well with the delivery. I think I am done with having kids. Two is enough. I like having my body to myself and not sharing.