Team Beachbody!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Something has been on my mind

So, once again I am fed up with the world of social networking.  Remember a year ago or longer when I said social networking isn't the place for dating and such?  Well, who am I to judge what social networking is for..?  That's the main point I am getting at here.
I am beyond tired of seeing the constant pity parties, whining, self-loathing, beyond unintelligent posts I see on Facebook. The sheer stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.  But, I still don't feel like it is my job to tell someone what they should or shouldn't post on social sites.  After all, that's what they are intended for.  Also, I don't feel like anyone should try to dictate what myself or others do either. 
I rarely take offense to things or become offended in any way.  It is REALLY hard to shock me too.  So, the other day this family friend wrote a post on Facebook.  Voicing his opinion of what should and should not be posted basically.  Also telling us, his "friends," there would be a "strike three" rule implemented.  I'm pretty sure one of the examples he gave of things to probably not share on Facebook was semi directed at me. 
After I took my bandages and wrap off my knee (I recently had arthroscopic knee surgery) I took a photo and posted it to my mother's "wall."  No big deal, I thought it would be easier than posting it on my own for everyone to see.  Granted, it wasn't THAT gross at all.  So, one of this person's examples was to not post recent surgery scars either.  How could I NOT think that wasn't meant for me??  Well, maybe unless someone else had posted one that truly was obscene.
It bothered me most of the night and part of the next morning.  Who are we to tell others what they should and should not post?  Granted I am somewhat guilty for complaining about things people "liked" on some random page and it still popped up on my wall.  Thank you, friend, for "liking" the photo of the woman on the guy's shoulders in a towel.  Said male was pinning the girl against the wall with his face into her crotch.  Disgusting, and I didn't need to see it on my wall, and my 3 year old next to me certainly didn't need to see anything of that sort.  But, I didn't go to that friend and tell him not to "like" or comment on that stuff because it would pop up in my feed.  I just simply changed some settings.  
Anyway, my point here is I shouldn't have to think before posting something if it's going to offend someone or cause someone to unfriend me.  Really, it's my page, I will do with it as I see fit.  If you don't like what I say or post on there, unfriend me.  It's really quite easy and would save from any unnecessary drama or bullshit.  With that being said.  Rant over.  Thinking it's time for bed.  Until tomorrow, my friends.   

No comments: