Team Beachbody!

Monday, November 9, 2009

2 months is too long!

Wow! 2 months since my last post, I'm bad.

October was definitely interesting. Warren started at his new position in Draper. He loves it and he is so happy to be back on days. Now we are just hoping they will keep him at that location and not try to send him to either Ogden or Orem. Besides that, there really wasn't much new with us in October. Halloween was a blast! Erin was a zebra and Shannon was a princess. (I will post pictures when I can find my camera!) So, those were the high points to the month.

Sadly, the parts of October that really stick out to me are not so great. In the middle of October, my father-in-law crashed on I-215 when he was coming back from a hunting trip. Totalled his truck and trailer. The trailer got loose and flipped the truck upside-down on top of the barrier, but it ended up on the road, still upside-down. Luckily, he walked away perfectly fine. He just had some neck pains, but that was all. He still looks a little stiff, but hey, who wouldn't after a wreck like that?!

The second event was my parent's house burning down. (bivinfamily.blogspot.com) That has seemed to have us all thrown for a loop! It's been 2 weeks now since it happened, and my mom is doing WAY better than I thought she would at this point. Soon, they will have a brand new truck and new mobile home on the property. So excited for them! I am SO in love with the new kitchen. It has a "bar" like the old one had and an island! So jealous, but so happy that my mom finally gets an island in her kitchen. Their bedroom will also have a little room attached to it. I think it would be a perfect room for a chaise lounge and a few good books. But for now, they want to make it easily accessible for a place for the grandkids to sleep. So thoughtful of them, they really are amazing (grand)parents.


Anyway! I will update again later, I promise. I have been playing ENTIRELY too much World of Warcraft. So what? I'm a geek, and I'm proud of it! I am starving here and there are sloppy joes on the stove with my name on 'em!

1 comment:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

Wow! It seems that even though your parents went through this horrible experience with their house burning down, they might actually be better off for it. At least its great that they have good things come out of it.

Good for you and Warren (him being on days). Having him work nights was hard for you, I'm sure. I bet the girls are happy to see him more!

I can't believe Jeff was in such a horrible accident! I saw his pics on FB - he is soooo lucky!

You are too cute with your blog. I love reading your posts and getting updates on your life. ;-)