Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

8 months!

My husband still totally surprises me sometimes! Anyway, before I get too ahead of myself.. My mom had the idea the other night of one weekend in July her and my step dad should do vow renewals, and Warren and I should too. She has little to no wedding pictures left, and I think it would be a great idea for them! Also, Warren and I never even had a wedding. We just jumped the gun and signed the certificate!

Last Saturday I called her in tears after my friend's wedding reception. It was so beautiful and simple, I loved it! I was on my way home and it hit me hard, I never had that father-daughter dance. And it killed me the rest of the weekend to even think about it! So, my mom thought it would be a great idea, and I could still get my dance with my step dad.

So, I brought up the idea to Warren. I also reminded him how we talked about doing something like this for our 5th anniversary shortly after we were married. Well, our 5th anniversary just happens to be this July. Anyway, he seemed kind of uninterested and kind of apprehensive to the idea. Today, he TOTALLY surprised me. Out of nowhere he tells me how his good friends are on board and ready for next July.

July 2010, in beautiful Lake Tahoe, I will finally have a small ceremony with some of our closest friends and at least my mom and dad. I'm SO excited! Seriously, it's going to be the best anniversary. Anyway, going to try to go to bed now, I have to be up in a little over 5 hours, ah!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

How exciting! :)

colby said...

i'm sorry my wedding made you cry, but i'm glad you're finally getting a little something :)

Jane said...

Oh! Don't be sorry it made me cry! It was AMAZING. I'm glad I was able to make it for even part of it! It's been a rough month for me and my emotions.. lol