Team Beachbody!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Confession time..

It's driving me completely nuts. I didn't realize just how unhappy I am in Utah until I returned home I am hoping it will get better once we get out of our current apartment complex. I know for a fact things would be better if we just had our own house. I want the girls to have a place of their own to run around. If we had an actual house, they would have an entire backyard. Having my husband gone makes me hate being in Utah just a little more.
Since my vacation started, I haven't had to force myself to get out of bed in the mornings. I have been up before 8 everyday since I left. I'm also in bed before 11 every night! I'm really trying not to be so negative about Salt Lake, but it is SO hard!
You know, it really would be great to get a home soon. But, I want to live outside of the actual city and the husband pretty much wants to live in the middle of the city.
I feel so at peace here. I haven't been my usual "Negative Nancy" self. I feel so conflicted about all of this. I have told Warren how unhappy I am, and that I keep trying to find new things to do or other ways to distract myself. But, I'm at the point now where I almost feel as if I'm forcing myself to like Utah. I understand it's our "home" now, and it's where we will be for at least the next few years. On the inside, I'm hoping we will move someday soon and only ever have to come back to visit...

3 comments:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

You know, I totally get what you're saying. I mean, I love UT, but its hard when you don't have a place of your own. Your home environment completely affects how you feel on a daily basis, and if you're unhappy with it, then you're going to feel negative all the time. Even if you guys can't buy your own home, moving into a house with a yard that feels like a home you would buy may be all you need to feel better. I used to wish I lived in the Avenues or Sugarhouse or Sandy. You have to live in UT, so which town would you live in, if you could choose? Rental rates are SO low right now, you can probably afford more than you think.

Jane said...

Oh gosh, I fell in love wit this part of Sugarhouse! I would love to live in like Herriman or parts of Draper. Somewhere just out of the way.

Julie Catoe said...

I am sorry Jane that you are feeling like that. You definitely need to find a place you feel is your space for you and the girls.
I like both of the areas you said I can see why you would want to live there. I grew up in Sugarhouse and i loved it. It feels like a real neighborhood. If you can't live there you should go hangout in those areas go to the parks or shop in those areas.
I love many things about Utah there are some really great parks, hikes, eating places and I love downtown/ avenues. BUT I was happy to move. Utah is a hard one for me. Cause I love it and I hate it.
I hope you find your place there I hope you find where you feel good. And even if you can't live in the places you love go hangout in the areas for the day to make you feel happy.