Team Beachbody!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

In Touch With Reality?

I think so...
Reality has sunk in, mostly.  I've been injured since May 24th.  I saw the orthopedic surgeon this week and he's almost 100% positive it is a torn meniscus.  To what degree, we are still unsure.  I will most likely have an MRI done this week.  My next appointment with the doc is on the 28th. 
I left his office fighting back tears.  There is so much I'd like to do and so much I'm still trying to do.  I have 2 great tennis rackets and now have the ambition and the funds to join a local tennis club.  That will now have to be put on hold.  I wanna do awesome things with my babies this summer, and those plans will have to be temporarily put on hold as well. 
The self pity party started back up again Thursday night at the Toby Keith concert and continued into last night.  No more!  I have decided there is no time better than ever other than now to carry on my weight loss journey.  After all, I started this voyage without clearance to do much physical activity due to my asthma.  After talking to 2 really awesome friends, I've decided to stick with weight watchers through to recovery.  One friend made a very valid point tonight that my recovery will be MUCH easier if I maintain my healthy diet.  So that is just what I'm going to do.  I will still try to be as active as my knee and doctor allow, but I will not break myself worse than I already may be. 
Also, I have about 2 1/2 weeks before my 6 year old returns home from grandma's house.  She brings such joy to my life and I can't wait to have her back.  Needless to say, my housewife skills have been less than stellar over the past few months.  So, I would like to use these 2 1/2 weeks of just having one child to my absolute benefit. 
For the last 2 days in a row, I've picked one larger daily task.  The first day was the kitchen.  I got all the dishes done and decluttered most of the counters, it was definitely an improvement.  When my knee said it was time to quit, I did, and still felt a sense of accomplishment.  Today, my task was to get all caught up on laundry and de-clutter some of the random clothes strung about in my bedroom.  I was folding clothes from about 10/11 am until about 9:30 tonight.  I even made a wonderful steak and potato dinner for the husband, put away all dishes from dinner, and helped out with our 3 year old as best as I could.  Tomorrow I hope to tackle the bathrooms. 
I have clutter everywhere.  I'm ashamed of it and not proud.  I'm a pretty mild hoarder, but also have ADD, so things often get set somewhere and totally forgotten about.  Once I finally find the courage to work on my "organized chaos" I feel overwhelmed and quick to give up.  Not now!  I need this apartment in perfect shape for my Nanner bug to come home.  Also, if I'm going to be on the mend from surgery for 2 weeks to a month, it needs to be in pristine condition then too.  I believe my mother wants to come out to help and the husband may be able to get some time off.  Needless to say, I will be on the mend and unable to do everything on my own.  And it is going to KILL me!  Lastly, we are going to add a new member to our family here in about 5 or so weeks.  No, I'm not pregnant.  We are getting a kitten.  I don't want kitty to feel overwhelmed in his new environment either, nor do I want him hiding or pottying in any random pile he can find. 
So!  With that being said, this is my hoarder confession.  I'd post pictures to show progress, but at the time I'm just not willing to comply (haha).  I might.  But here I am stating my intentions for all to see.  In the past, I have made goals with horrible or nonexistent follow through, and I'm hoping to change. 

No comments: