Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holy buckets, Batman!

Today, my husband came home from work, and instead of just asking him about his day or making minimal conversation. I had to vent. I felt awful about it. One of my ticks is just like out of a 1940s advertisement for the "perfect wife," in the way that I want him to come home to a non-chaotic environment. I want to give him time to unwind or get settled before telling him about my day or whatever "big news" I may have. But, today was totally different.
One of the first things out of my mouth was "I'm depressed.." I've been noticing some of these totally awesome things friends of mine are doing or accomplishing. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love my life, but sometimes I feel like I'm just another dot on the radar. So, I told him this. His response was something along the lines of "you are doing something great. You are being a wife and a mom while I'm out there saving American lives." I never realized how much credit he actually gave me. It definitely made me feel a little bit better. Granted, neither of us feel like the only great thing I can accomplish is being a mother or a wife. He is behind me with whatever new career choice I bring to light. Because he knows I will back him up with whatever he chooses to pursue as well.
I love our relationship. I love how we seem to equal each other out. I knew there was a reason I married this man. He is a great husband, father, Airman, and partner in this crazy thing called life.

2 comments:

Scottkids said...

Jane looks like you have been busy on here! I know you have been bloggin and writing in your journal a lot lately. What has inspired all this?? either way, it is great. And Thank You for your comments on my blog as well! It;s always good to know you have readers!

Jane said...

I love writing! And I'm finding I'm not complaining as much or whatever to the husband. With all the holiday stuff I've just had a lot on the mind. And thanks for the comments! Yes, I like knowing I have readers as well!