Team Beachbody!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just..... thoughts

We leave for California in 2 days. I really should be doing something other than farting around on the computer. I really have no desire to do anything unrelated to the trip. All I want to do is pack or organize stuff to get ready for the trip. I don't want to clean, I don't want to cook. I want to be on the plane already!! With that being said, I have also been texting Allie most of my morning as well. She said something and it totally sparked something inside of me. I just totally need to get it off my chest!
I strongly believe in living together before you get married. Seriously, and I'm not just talking about sex here either. I believe it's important to see if you can coexist compatibly. Some people just CANNOT live together. My mom and dad were pretty much a prime example of this. They became the best of friends after they no longer lived under the same roof. Warren and I have both talked about how we wish we could have been able to live together before actually tying the knot. It took us probably close to 3 years before we finally felt like a cohabiting couple.
Anyway! My friend is living with her boyfriend of 3 years. Her family is fine with it, his isn't, it happens. So, they have now been living under the same roof for about a year now. And they've definitely had their ups and downs with it. It doesn't help the situation any having all their close friends in another state! I know exactly what that's like. Anyway, what I'm getting at here is, I think what they are doing is perfectly acceptable. They aren't even talking about marriage until they are both graduated from college. So many people nowadays just get married to be married already. Warren has a friend who has been married to his wife now for over a year, and they are still living with his mother.
If you are going to get married, I'm all for having your ducks in a row before hand. Have a house set up, have steady jobs that will support whatever lifestyle you hope to sustain. So many people just rush into a marriage and don't know who they are really marrying or what the future holds for them. There is no better way to find this kind of stuff out than if you make a decent attempt to set up shop.
Plenty of people may not agree with me on this. I needed to write it down somehow just to get it all out of my head. Or else poor Allie would have just heard all about it in numerous texts! And I didn't want to do that to her.

No comments: