Team Beachbody!

Friday, January 1, 2010

First of '10!

Well, we are back from vacation! We arrived at the airport at 3:30 this afternoon. I never thought I would be so glad to be back in my little apartment here in Utah. I loved being able to see my mom and tons of other family members, but I'm so glad to be comfortable here again.
We got to Cali on the 24th, had dinner with my step dad's family. Christmas, we opened gifts at my mom's/grandma's, then spent time with my step dad's family again. After that, everything seems just like on big blur. I know what we did, but for the life of me, I can't think of the specifics right now! It's 1 am here and I'm beat!
Overall it was a great Christmas. And the positives of the trip definitely outweighed the negatives. One of the first items I asked my mom about when we started talking about what was gone in the fire was a Dale Earnhardt Jr jacket of my dad's. She said it was definitely gone. Well, it's not, she totally "fibbed!" My Santa present was the jacket, cleaned with just minor stains. Oh my god did I start crying when I pulled it out of the bag. All I can remember thinking was "holy crap, it actually survived!!!" Since it is newly clean, it doesn't have that distinctive smell of my father any more, but it's in one piece.
Anyway! Woohoo for my first blog in 2010!!! I'm hoping my second will contain a few more details about our trip and a third will have resolutions. Yes, resolutions, I know, I don't usually do them. I don't usually do them because historically, I have a HORRIBLE fail rate when it comes to resolutions. But this year, I'm determined to turn things around! Happy New Year everyone, hope it's off to a great start!!

3 comments:

Julie Catoe said...

Sounds like fun. I hope the weather was nice for you cause it sucked here. That gift of your fathers jacket is so awesome. It sounds really special.

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

That is so awesome about your father's jacket! I got goosebumps!!! Wow. Your mom did good.

Jane said...

I think so! I told her I didn't really want anything really, and I didn't want to take her money. So, she scored big time!