Team Beachbody!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions for '10

1. To actually keep my resolutions.
2. To read at least 1 new book every month.
3. To be healthier.
4. To become an all-around, better wife and mother.

1. I never do stick to any of my resolutions, not even for like a month!

2. I figure if I want to improve my writing and not seem as if I'm totally losing my brain, I need to read. Right now I am reading Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. I picked it up at the airport, it's a "ghost thriller."

3. There are quite a few things I need to do for this one actually. The first is going to be one of the toughest, waking up at a decent time to start with a routine. This also ties in with being a better mother. I don't need my toddler waking me up when it's time for us to be awake. After waking up, I found if I start off doing something on the Wii, I'm more energetic or ready for the day. Then, I just need to eat a little better. Less carbs, more fruits and way more vegetables. I kind of want to eat how I was when I was on my gallbladder diet.

4. The biggest part of this one is keeping the house more neat and way less cluttered. I want to do a deep clean of the main rooms, then head to the "storage" room (aka our 3rd bedroom). I need to do the deep clean so I can just do a simple daily cleaning everyday. Even if I end up procrastinating, nothing will just pile up and sit for forever. A simple daily walk-through would be so nice! Second, I want to spend more one on one time with Shannon. Our relationship can be quite tumultuous at times, and I think it may help. Lastly, I just need to make more time for me. I need to be able to find some times in either the days or in a week where I can just sit back and chill. So, I'm hoping if I am able to start by getting up at a decent time everyday, I may be able to find more "me" time for at least a little while everyday. Time to just sit back, enjoy my tea in the morning while I write in my journal or the blog, or even by reading a book.

Anyway! These are my resolutions. I may do progress checks like once a month or whatever. But I feel these resolutions will help me to be better overall.

6 comments:

Julie Catoe said...

GOOD for you to set goals for the new year. You picked smart ones that I think will be easy to start and stick with.

Jane said...

thanks julie! i like to start of small. if i start big, then i get overwhelmed and give up =o( but i think i can do this!!

Scottkids said...

Jane,

I think you are so great! You are honest, and I really like that!

You have a good attitude for your goals! I hope 2010 is fantastic!

P.S. You could also try a b vitamin to give you more energy!

Jane said...

Holy cow, I completely forgot about those! I used to get the energy boost in my drinks from Jamba Juice, and it is packed full of B vitamins. That might really help because my butt is draggin in the mornings!

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

Jane, I love this post! One of the things I realized is that I shouldn't force myself to do any activities with Max that I don't enjoy. He knows when I'm not into it, so now I focus on doing things with him that I really do enjoy, like puzzles and reading books and tickling fights and sword fighting. Speed plays with him with his cars and takes him to the playground, things I'm not into, so it works out well. Maybe you can incorporate that idea into your interactions with Shannon. You said you wanted to improve your writing - do you want to be a writer?!?! Cool!

Jane said...

Yeah, I don't want to do things I don't enjoy either. Pretty much any little game we play in her room I end up not enjoying because, like her mother, she turns into uber control freak lol. She will tell me where to put the trains or how to decorate her Hannah Montana. So, I brought out the board games! It seems to be working well.
And I definitely want to do some form of writing. I think it would be way cool to be a writer for a magazine! My grandma was a travel editor for a newspaper in the Bay Area. I also would find it interesting to work at a publishing company. Before I die, I at least want to publish a book or a book of short stories.