Team Beachbody!

Monday, December 14, 2009

I might have something to say..

I'm very excited to announce in ten days, we will be home for the holidays. I can't believe it has been 6 months since I've seen my mom. That is probably the longest I have ever gone not seeing her. It's been almost a year since I have seen the rest of my family. I'm very excited to see Kim and Allie as well. You guys really are great friends, and I'm glad you have stuck by me the last 7/8 years.
Today I was really slacking on the everyday life duties. I was on the computer almost ALL day. I kept checking the news article on my mom to see every new comment, and if I needed to respond to anyone. This article really has spurred something inside me again. I LOVE to write. I have always loved to write and I feel I'm particularly good at it. So, as much as I would like to teach English, I would much rather like to pursue something along the lines of Journalism, or some form of public writing. I don't feel I have a creative bone at the moment for any kind of book or short story writing, maybe children's books. ;o) You never know though, I may get into some creative writing class in school and be able to do it. As a kid, I used to love writing plays in hopes of having my friends being the actors. We'll see though, I seem to change my feelings on career choices as much as I change my underwear.
Anyway, I'm hoping the rest of the night will continue to improve. This day has been pretty rough. Erin is a night owl and insists on staying awake until at least 1 in the morning. Luckily Shannon likes to sleep in! In a period of an hour and a half, Shannon was in time out 4 times for periods of at least 3 minutes each time. I'm hoping both will go down relatively early tonight. Tomorrow is Shanon's Christmas party at school and I have to find a small gift and wrap it before 1230! Lately, I haven't even been getting out of bed until 10 am!
Well, I think that's enough for now. Hope to write more later, possibly at some awful hour later tonight, or maybe sometime tomorrow. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If journalism is something you might want to pursue then by george go for it!! Never know where it might lead. Hope Shannon is better for you tomorrow also. Have fun at the party.

Jane said...

It has always been in the back of my mind. My grandma was a journalist/travel editor. And I would LOVE to do something like that, or write reviews for restaurants ;o) I do too, she's fighting us over this whole bedtime thing.. I hope she will, parents aren't invited haha.