Team Beachbody!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I plucked my eyebrows, and now they hurt..

Last night was the family get together at my in-law's since we are going to be in California for Christmas. We drew names for gifts about on Thanksgiving. Warren got an Axis and Allies game, and I got this totally awesome, hardbound journal. It's not a blank pages type though. It's one of those "about me" types. In a post back in August I wrote about a "Listography" journal I got. It's similar to that one, yet completely different. Last night I called it a "myspace survey in journal form."
Sometimes I just have such a hard time thinking of something to write about. Those journals are easy when I just feel like writing and I'm too lazy to think of a topic.
Holy cow! We leave for California in 5 days! I feel so unprepared and somewhat overwhelmed. I want to do a deep clean in most of the apartment before we leave. So far it doesn't look like it's going to be completed. Maybe 80% will be done. I hope to have most all laundry done by tomorrow as well. I always seem to procrastinate before a trip. Then I get all stressed and flustered.
So Warren and I ordered a purple, 16gb Ipod Nano for mom yesterday. One of her Xmas presents. We are going to load it up with Beatles and Led Zeppelin, maybe some other stuff too. I also bought her the new Stephen King book. I CANNOT wait to see the look on her face.
I really haven't been a big fan of Xmas since my father died. I just can't seem to "get into the holiday spirit." The only reason I can manage to show an ounce of excitement is for the girls and my mom. I'm so glad Warren is like me and doesn't try to force me into liking it either. And I have never celebrated the religious aspect of the holiday either. I actually think I wrote an entry about Christmas last year too.. Oh well. I better get off the computer and watch more tv or something unproductive. It's almost 9 pm anyway. We have decided to start being productive tomorrow..

No comments: