Team Beachbody!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Assessment #2

Today was Shannon's second assessment with the LPC, the counselor at The Children's Center. I did a final "at-home evaluation" on her and it turns out she's definitely a hyperactive child. So today the counselor and I discussed courses of action and how I felt about all this. There will be an opening soon for the occupational therapy/preschool at the center and we have decided to enroll Shannon when the opening becomes available. Not only will they do regular preschool activities, but they will work with the children and their various difficulties. The even greater news to all of this, Shannon will be placed in with an older class, because they feel she is definitely advanced.
I'm just so glad to finally have some answers, so maybe I can finally be at peace about this whole thing. I can't wait to have a normal, healthy relationship with her again. I want to be able to enjoy her like I used to. I'm hoping this will mostly be able to help me in how I interact with her. Now, she exhausts me and I get extremely impatient with her. I am on edge all the time now it seems. I just feel really good about what we are doing for her. We aren't trying to "slap a label" on her or anything like that. I want to know how to better understand my sweet girl again.
On another note, husband leaves soon. At least all his paperwork finally got sorted out and they are giving him the deployment orders this week. Anyway, I should figure out if I'm going to a cycle class at the gym or staying here to cook dinner. I'll write more later sometime.

No comments: