Team Beachbody!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I love love love my family, especially the husband

Shortly after I posted my latest entry, probably within 5 minutes afterwards, I grabbed the husband and asked him to talk with me in the back bedroom. I told him EXACTLY how I felt in the blog. Told him everything from feeling like a lazy parent to feeling like a crappy housewife.
He is so sweet, he totally made my day. Usually he just sounds like, "oh well, snap out of it" when I vent to him. This time it was completely different. He told me I do great, that I do way more work with 2 kids than I ever did with just Shannon. He also said how he is exhausted just 1 hour after being home from work and doesn't know how I do it. I felt uber guilty for taking off for nearly 4 hours yesterday, and told him that. He was completely understanding and told me to do it whenever I need to, no problems at all.
After our talk I just felt SO much better, so I took Shannon for ice cream. It didn't go as smooth as I would have wanted it too, but I'm sure she appreciated the one on one time with me out of the house. I don't spend nearly as much one on one time with her as I probably should.
Anyway, big day tomorrow! Shannon has her appointment first thing in the morning. Then, we have lunch at his mom's house and opening day for How To Train Your Dragon. After that, I GET THE FIRST ONE ON ONE, TOTALLY ALONE, NO KIDS, DATE WITH MY AWESOME HUBBY in almost a year! Lol, can you tell I'm a little excited?? We wanted one date for ourselves before he deploys. So, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

That's great that he was so understanding. Maybe you should take him up on it more - go out more on your own, by yourself. You need that time to stay sane! I know I do. Everyone does, and its really hard when you're a stay at home mom to get any time to yourself. So don't feel guilty, girl - ENJOY IT!

Jane said...

Yeah, definitely going to utilize my gym membership more. Now that my toe looks somewhat normal again and doesn't hurt. I figure I will go and just get on the cycle or do a spin class. Thurs after next the sis in law and I start kickboxing classes. Plus, I got acrylics done again, so there's another excuse to leave for an hour or so lol.