Team Beachbody!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Birthday and other news

So, Friday was the big 23. The day started off fairly slow. We couldn't really do much until after husband's dentist appointment. He woke up in such a weird mood, it totally put me in a bad mood. Then, call me crazy or selfish or whatever, but I generally expect the first words out of his mouth when he sees me to be "Happy Birthday." So, of course I was being petty over that, not going to lie.

After his appointment, he came home and we lounged around until we had to be at the bowling alley. Bowling was SO MUCH fun. We got 3 games in! My friend Allyson came and my oldest brother-in-law brought his friend John. I still keep telling the husband and other various friends how fun it was. Once we had finished bowling, we met up at the in-laws for some brownies and ice cream. Yes, no cake, hot brownies and ice cream is by favorite dessert BY FAR. After dessert we played Apples to Apples. The night was awesome.

Mentioned above, husband never said "happy birthday" when he woke up, well he actually hadn't said it to me all day. And I hadn't really thought about it until he looks at his watch and said "Ooo it's 1159, I still have time... Happy Birthday." He literally made me wait ALL day to say it. But, I've got to admit, it was kind of sweet. =o)

A few months ago, I posted my resolutions for 2010. So, I thought I'd do a 1/4 of the way through the year "check up."

1. Eat better/regular exercise: The last few weeks I have been eating nothing but junk, luckily I'm not gaining any weight from it. So, this week I'm really going to try to get back into it. This morning I shared a bowl of strawberries with Shannon and ate a muffin for breakfast. Not a bad start, I think. Regular exercise: I buckled down and at least got a gym membership! I'm hoping to get into the routine of attending one of their spin classes. I really want to try the kickboxing on Thursdays.

2. Better mother/wife: Things are great for husband and I. I don't know if it's because he's getting ready to deploy and we are just trying to find more time for each other or what. But, I am a happy camper, and I'm pretty sure he is too, not going to elaborate lol. Better mother: I still need to work on this one. I see some improvements when it comes to finding the extra time for Erin and stuff. But, I find myself still disciplining Shannon more than positive reinforcement. She is so close to daddy and he won't be around for a few months and I really don't want it to be hard on her.

3. Read at least one new book every month: January was Heart-Shaped Box. February was Master Your Metabolism. I finished that book just barely at the end of the month. Since then, I have finished book 5 in the Harry Potter series (I have been trying to finish it for over a year now), Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and Boomsday. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was one of the best books I have read in a while. It sounds so real, by the end of the book you almost believe all of it. The awesome thing, I had no nightmares while reading it. It's not overly graphic or anything, so I would pretty much recommend it to anyone. Boomsday was a $6 book I found at Barnes and Noble. I was walking up to check out and it totally caught my eye. It's basically about this angry 20-something blogger who becomes very active in trying to pass a bill that would make euthanasia for older folks legal. She did it to try to stir up Social Security reform.

**Okay, so this is my original post I thought was deleted. Luckily for me, Blogger does the draft autosave. Yay! Now I can delete the new post I was working on. Silly me...

No comments: