Team Beachbody!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Slow ending to a fast day

The day didn't start off so well. Well, last night didn't end so hot either. I think miss Erin finally fell asleep around 0230 this morning. I did my "usual" routine of waking up no later than 0715 to get Shannon ready for the bus. Erin was up with me, we got Shannon on the buss by 0750 and we were back to sleep by 9. I woke up around noon, by that time I was totally freaking out. I had SO much to do in order to get ready for the party at our place. I don't even remember what I started with. But the break I took from like 1-2 on the computer didn't help anything at all. We were out the door by 2:30 to buy presents and a cake, I already had everything else. We arrived back at the house by 3:30 and I put the finishing touches to the housework.
The Utah birthday party for Erin went great. I wasn't that stressed and things went really smooth. We had the in-laws over as well as my friend and her son. Erin immediately dove into her cake, but it didn't last long before she was screaming for me.
So now it's about 8 pm and we are relaxing. The girls are watching tv and I'm blogging, of course.
I took a few pictures of pictures today. I had a paper bag with some pictures of my dad. I really miss him. Moments like today just make me wish he was still around to see the girls grow up. His illness made me think even more about how important it is to take care of your body. Regular check-ups and a healthy diet are the way to go, with exercise too of course.
I can't wait to be in California, 4 more days left in Utah. Then, 3 wonderful weeks in northern California.

No comments: