Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Real quick, I forgot something

Yesterday, as I was driving back home after picking Shannon up from preschool we hit damn near every red light along 4700/4500 South. At one of the lights, we were stopped for twice the normal time. I swear, I checked the time on my phone at least two times. Obsessive much? Well, these kids decided to move at such a slow pace across the crosswalk, I almost thought they would begin to walk backwards at any moment.
Suddenly, Shannon breaks the silence by saying, "Look at those big kids mommy. Look mommy, 2 boys and 2 girls." I was kind of thrown off for a second. I was counting 3 boys and 1 girl. Then it hit me, my child can't tell the difference between the one girl with long hair and skinny jeans and the boy about her height with sagging "skinny" jeans, and long, unkempt brown hair. Cue my instant laughter. I tried to tell her it was a boy, but she was convinced he was a girl.
This moment made me so happy to have girls instead of boys. I don't see any fads in their future where they will feel the need to sneak into the boys section to buy clothes. I don't know what I would do someday if my son came home with a bag full of girls clothing.

2 comments:

Julie Catoe said...

That is so funny. I know. I absolutely hate what the teen boys are wearing right now. One day at Bountiful High there was a boy wearing cheetah print leggings. I had to stare it was so ugly. And I swear I had just seen those leggings in the girls section at forever 21.

Jane said...

LMAO! Okay, you know when you see someone totally awkward or totally hot and your girlfriend says "sneak a picture." That's totally one of those times you sneak one lol. It really is gross. My dad had a shit-fit over boys sagging their jeans. I would hate to see the expression on his face if he saw what boys are wearing now.