Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What a day!

Yesterday was pretty crazy. I woke everyone (except husband) up around 5:45, because I thought we would be driving him to work. Well after 45 mins he finally got ahold of someone at work and was able to stay home. There is no way he could have got any consistent work done, he was just too sick. I definitely kept my distance, I don't do so well with stomach bugs.
So, once he finally gave me the word he wouldn't be going to work, I started my daily whatever. I showered, got dressed into something decent, and started doing housework. Then, when it hit 9 o'clock we got ready to make the drive up to Hill. I had to turn in his blues at the dry cleaner and have rank sewn on his jacket. I wasn't going to drive all the way up there for just that. So, I went by the Tricare office and got everything taken care of, finally. The baby is fully enrolled in Prime now (about time if you ask me, since she is 9 1/2 months old...). I also went by the BX. Honestly, for any of you living off base, whenever you go on base, you have to go by the BX, right? Well, I do at least lol. I found a sweet pair of Asics sneakers for definitely less than $70. The tag said $59, but the register said $45, kick ass! I needed a new pair, bad. I've had the same pair since right after basic in 2005 so they were becoming a little snug. Not to mention they had once been saturated in cat urine. Even if I washed them, there was no way I was going to wear them ever again, that's just nasty. The girls and I got back from Hill just in time to take Shannon to school.
This was a pretty exciting day for me. I like it when I get to take the drive up north, especially without the husband. Then I can listen to whatever I want on the radio and not the crap he has on his ipod.
The rest of the day was pretty laidback. Played WoW with the husband, made an interesting dinner. I made a meatloaf.... Well, I accidentally double the amount of breadcrumbs the recipe called for. This totally threw me off my groove. I was deadset on driving to Subway for dinner at that point. But, I didn't give up and baked it anyway. After it had already baked for 3/4 of the total time, I realized I forgot to put the ketchup on top as well. Well, after all the pain, it was done and it didn't turn out half bad! After my triumph over the meatloaf, I just decided to relax the rest of the evening.
The latter half of the day was actually my favorite part of the day. Erin started doing lots of "mmm" sounds earlier in the day. And by the end of the day "ah" had attached to it. Thus, I officially am "mama" again. I was SO excited. Erin usually hates bath time. My mom said I used to cling to her like an octopus whenever I saw water, and now I know EXACTLY what she's talking about. Erin is the same way. Well, I was trying to get her more comfortable before I just threw her in the little tub (figuratively of course!). So, she grabbed onto the side of the tub and looked in while I was still holding her. Next thing I know, she was standing up by herself while holding the side and peering into the tub. I swear, next time she'll be scaling the side of it. Once I finally got her in the tub, things didn't go so smoothly until after about 5 minutes had passed. By the end of bath time, she was a splashing and giggling fool. It was so awesome. I remember when Shannon first started enjoying bath time and how she would splash until myself and the floor had a nice bath. I'm so glad I can watch Erin grow and enjoy bath time as well. This was a very pleasant way to end my evening.
Sadly, it's now 1115 the next day, I'm still in my pajamas with a very overwhelming "to do" list. My alarms were supposed to go off at 8 and 815, and neither one worked. So, my lazy bum rolled out of bed at 10. I guess I should peel myself away from the computer and start getting motivated!

No comments: