Team Beachbody!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spur of the moment..

Just wanted to post first about the AMAZING dinner I made tonight. It's one of my first attempts at completely making something wihtout help from a relative or a cookbook. ;o) I'm calling it a chili, since that's mostly what I was going for. It's stew meat, diced tomatoes, corn, pinto and canellini beans, onion, and tomato juice. All cooked up and extra yummy. I was quite proud of my creation. I liked it, husband liked it, and even the kid sat and ate it quietly.
Shannon still has a teeny cough, but Erin is definitely better. Erin just has a cough, but she's not screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night any more. I was so worried about her. The first day I gave her the medicine, she literally threw it up all over me and the couch. It so wouldn't classify as spit up, poor baby.
I love my husband, he's pretty awesome. I may get incredibly short with him at times, but today I realized I just need to have more patience with him. We were up until 4 am last night. We played our game online, then sat on the couch to watch tv for a little while. I ended up falling asleep with my head on his leg, and he ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. I so would have wanted a picture of it. I LOVE those little moments, especially since they don't happen all that often. Anyway, he said he would help me in the morning with getting the house back to "normal." Typical normal doesn't seem to exist in our home. Well, me being the awesome wife I am, I let him sleep in and cleaned up the kitchen and did some laundry. But he has been awesome today. That's why I could never keep anything from him..
There's a blog I came across today: makebelievemormon.blogspot.com. I saw it on Postsecret and was totally intrigued. I don't see how someone can keep a secret like that, especially from their husband. I guess part of me felt like there was some small piece of her I had in common with. When I was active in the church, I totally felt like I was faking it rather than it actually being genuine. But, the second I felt like that the first person I told was my husband. And he did the same for me. I really feel sorry for all the people she's going to end up hurting with that blog. Anyway, that's enough for me tonight! Until next time..

1 comment:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

Yummy! That looks so good! Sounds like you and Warren have been getting along really well, which is awesome. Tell him we said hi. Hopefully your girls feel better soon - its sucks when your kids are sick. Ugh. Julie told me about that blog too.. I haven't checked it out yet. That IS said. You should always be true to yourself, even if it disappoints other people. You're the only one that's in charge of your happiness, and other people have to accept you for who you really are. I am proud of you that you're being true to yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks. You'll be so much happier that way.