Team Beachbody!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

RIP Phil Harris

What a sad, sad day! As some of you know I am pretty much worthless whenever here is a Deadliest Catch marathon on. I dunno, maybe it's like my daily dose of adrenaline since I'm too much of a chicken to do anything like that myself.

Today I was browsing the internet after I woke up like I usually do. Well, after Facebook I went on to AOL.com and one of the headlines was about the captain of a Deadliest Catch boat dead at 53. My heart just sank, I had to call my mom and everything. Phil Harris was one of my favorite people on the show. His 2 sons are deckhands on a boat he co-owns, Cornelia Marie. He struggled with his health in the last season and they are only halfway into filming the new season.
This is soo sad. I didn't know the guy or anything, but when they have cameras in their faces 24/7, you see all the crazy things they go through. My heart goes out to the Harris family and the crew of the Cornelia Marie. In his honor, I've decided to have my own personal Deadliest Catch marathon starting with season 2.

1 comment:

Julie Catoe said...

That is sad. I am sorry to see that.