Team Beachbody!

Friday, February 5, 2010

9 months already?!

Where has the time gone?! Erin's 9 month check-up was this afternoon. I had originally scheduled the appointment at the same time as my physical, goofy me. My physical went okay. The doctor is kind of concerned about my thyroid and is going to have me to some tests and an ultrasound on my throat. Anyway, I won't know more about that until at least Monday.

Back to Erin! We just got back from her appointment. She's finally 15 lbs, woohoo! So, she's 15 lbs (5th %) and 26.5 in (25th %). She's just a tiny thing. The doctor had me all freaked out for a while, or at least back to feeling like a failure as a parent (I'll shed some more light on that later). She, the doctor, was a little "concerned" about her motor skills. She is on the go so much, she wouldn't sit still in the room at all. They tried to sit her up or stand her up, but she just wanted to get into everything, especially my purse. The doc asked if she was standing up while hanging onto anything too. I told her we have her try, but Shannon is always around when we do. So, she'll do it for about a second, then she's down on the ground trying to army crawl or roll her way over to people. Crawling, she moves backwards. I'm not concerned whatsoever. She'll be doing all this when she's good and ready. She babbles, she's happy, and she's healthy. Anyway, after explaining all this to the doc, she really didn't seem concerned about it any more. So, after the appointment, I went nuts trying to find a drive thru Starbucks. I wanted a Green Tea Frap pretty bad, obviously.

Above was me feeling like a crappy parent "Take 2," yesterday was "Take 1." I was busy folding clothes around 2 pm yesterday when I received a phone call from Shannon's preschool. Apparently she was unwilling to cooperate, wasn't listening, then she was going around bullying the other kids. So, I rushed over there to pick her up and the poor teacher was trying to get her out the door. She practically needed to be dragged out the front doors. My mom had a stern talk with her. When the husband got home, we both sat down with her and had yet another discussion with her. This is the second time this has happened with Shannon. The first was back in October when Warren was out of town. According to them she was acting out Tuesday as well. Also, I wish they would have told me this on Tuesday, so I could have addressed the issue then.

On a brighter note, we all seem to finally be over this sickness. Poor Erin had the double ear infection and got a bad rash from the medicine on her bum. I ended up with an upper respiratory infection (bronchitis, sinusitis, and an ear infection). So, that really was no fun. My left ear is still a little funky.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through Master your Metabolism. It's a great book. I love the true science behind things. This book basically tells you how to eat properly to maximize your health and help the environment while you are at it. You can, learn how to properly portion your food and cut out all the unhealthy crap so you don't have to work your butt of to lose just a pound here or there. It teaches you how to balance out your hormones, something I'm sure can be useful to us all.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Going to hop on the Wii and do some wiifit. Maybe I can talk the husband into it again....

1 comment:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

Did you find out about your thyroid today!? That sucks, sorry! Health problems are the worst. I hope everything is ok.

We still haven't gotten the WiiFit, but its on our list. I was reading an article that talked about how some people were getting injured playing the WiiFit games. How funny that something that's supposed to make you healthier is causing your shoulder to give out, etc. Ha! ;-)

I can't believe Erin is so big already! Time surely does fly when you have kids, doesn't it? Max just turned four this month, and he's no longer a baby at all. Part of me is sad about that. But he's so darn cute as a little boy, I can't help watching him all the time. I love his expressions and how he says things, and talks about everything he sees. Makes me ~almost~ want to have another one! ~Almost!~

Its tough when one parent is gone. Kids don't understand and it has to be scary for them. Hopefully Shannon will grow out of it. Talking does help, at least it does for us with Max.

What else has been going on? I miss my UT friends!! ;-)