Team Beachbody!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sometimes nostalgia just sneaks up on me

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of Utah. But when you compare it to the photos below, you would choose Monterey over Utah any day. Sadly, I would even choose San Angelo, TX of Utah. Those pictures will have to wait for another day. But, these are a few of the sights around Monterey I truly miss.
Monterey is home for me, plain and simple. Monterey was the first place I ever lived truly on my own. It's where I met my best friend who became my husband. We lived there for a total of 2 1/2 years. I had Shannon at CHOMP (Comm hospital of the Monterey Peninsula). We also found out we were pregnant with Erin our second time in Monterey. Haha, kind of afraid to ever go back, I might end up pregnant with #3!! Joke of course...
We have so many good memories from this place. We met some really great people who also helped make those memories great and shared them with us. I wish I could have such things to say about Utah. All in time I guess, I just have to be patience. And if you know me, you know patience is one thing I don't really have. Anyway! Enjoy the pictures below!
Monterey Bay
Del Monte Shopping Center, Monterey, CA
The Crown and Anchor, Monterey, CA *Where I celebrated my wonderful 21st birthday*
Cannery Row/Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA
The farmer's market every Tuesday, Monterey, CA

5 comments:

Jen said...

Aww, I miss Monterey, too....

Jane said...

Let's go! Right now! Road trip? lol

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

Wow, these photos are amazing! Monterey IS the coolest place ever. The Farmer's Market with the ginormous strawberries, Carmel Beach with all the dogs running around, Pacific Grove...I love Monterey too. We should plan an all-girls trip out there!

Julie Catoe said...

Jane, I feel for you girl. I LOVE Monterey. It is truly one of the greats places ever. I would live there in a second again. I know how you feel there is not place like it anywhere. It is the perfect place. I am sorry Utah is so hard for you. As you know I left so I obviously was not the biggest fan of Utah either. How long do you think you will be there?

Jane said...

I ask him and never get a totally straight answer. I'm trying SO hard to like it for him and myself, but it's getting really hard. I'm hoping he will choose to take a job in the DC area sometime within the next few years.