Team Beachbody!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Crappy situation

I have no idea where to even start. I haven't been writing much.

The girls and I are currently in California. We've been here about 2 weeks now. The day before we came out, my 87 year old grandma had an "exploratory" surgery. They were pretty sure she passed a blood clot that caused Ischemic Bowel. Which basically means part of her bowel died. So they did a collectomy to remove the dead part of the bowel and connect the two good pieces together. She went into surgery with a 10% chance to live, came out of surgery with a 50% chance. So after a rollercoaster stay in the hospital for about a week, she was moved to a rehabilitation hospital. She was moved there a week ago tomorrow. I'm very pleased to announce she's well on her way to recovery. Grandma still has a ways to go in her recovery, but we're very positive about it.

No comments: