Team Beachbody!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Re-cap from the last week

I have been super flippin' busy since Thursday! We're home, back in Utah now and I thought I'd update!

Thursday night, I took the girls to the Redding Rodeo. Surprisingly, I've never been. So, it was totally new for me too, and SO much fun!! They got to see horses, cows, and even a couple of buffalo! Shannon pretended she was a bull, snorting and growling. Erin pretended the seats in the grandstands were horses, straddling them as she said "neigh, neigh." Such great memories from that night, my girls were PERFECT!

Friday, mom, the girls, and I got to go on an outdoor walk (outside the facility) with GG. It was nice! Mom got to see grandma up and around, totally independently mobile, for the most part.

Saturday was pretty much one of the best days I've had in a long time! We went to the little town where I grew up for the Whitmore Mountain Fair. It's a tiny mountain town about 45 minutes east of Redding, CA. Just a few hundred people live in it's general vicinity. It has a post office, general store, community center, and a school, with a library. The school is so small, it only has 2 teachers. Anyway, we went up in the morning for the parade before the fair started. Around the time we were getting ready to leave, some of my cousins showed up. I hadn't seen them in 5 years or more. We had such a nice time visiting. I can't wait to see them again next month. I posted the pictures from that day on Facebook.

No comments: