Team Beachbody!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 8

A place you've traveled to.

I've been to quite a few places, but none truly stand out in my memories like Carcassonne, France. It's a fortified town in the south of France, but I just call it a castle. It became a fortification during the 5th century A.D.

We stayed in a hotel inside the fortified town. I thought it was one of the coolest things ever. One day we went shopping. Another day we went on a tour around the outer walls of the city, we even got to see where they had the dungeon. We also spent some time at the museum inside the town as well. If I remember correctly it was a type of "torture" museum. It had many different things used for torturing people around the time of the Inquisition. There were some really messed up devices inside the museum. But it was definitely one of the most interesting museums I've ever seen.

I still have the necklace I bought there. It's a Celtic Pisces pendant. My mom and I still talk about that trip to this day. It was towards the last leg of a 3 week excursion in France with my mom and grandma.

No comments: